When you buy licenses you have the option to buy:
- a new license that you can install on any host
- an upgrade that is supposed to be used on the same host where you already have a valid license with a reduced version of the product. For instance you have a ntopng Pro license and you purchased an upgrade to ntopng Enterprise.
- a maintenance license that is supposed to be used on the same host where you already have a valid license whose maintenance expired.
Unless you have purchased a new license, for both update and maintenance you must install the new license on the same host where the old license was installed. This means that when you generate the new license, the licensing system checks that there is an existing license for the same systemId/MAC registered on the database. If this is not the case, the licensing system will report you the following error like “The systemId XXXX was not purchased in orderId YYYY: please go back and specify a valid systemId” because
- You have purchased a maintenance/upgrade with orderId XXXX and systemId KKKK
- but systemId KKKK was not generated on the original orderId YYYY
If this is the case you need to buy a new license as apparently the new license is not installed on the same host but on a new one. If you believe this is an error you can contact us and explain your problem.