Working at ntop
As ntop software is increasing in popularity, we need help for supporting our users and working at new developments. Therefore we are looking for someone to join our development time, help us, and assist the user community.
We are looking for a candidate located in Italy or in a similar time zone (CET) willing to work remotely with periodic physical meetings (hybrid) at our main location in Pisa. We offer semi-flexible working hours with a set of time to be allocated every day Mon-Fri during standard working hours (9 AM – 6 PM).
Candidates will be trained, and integrated in the ntop team. We are looking for people interested in networking willing to learn personally and serve the community.
- Support users on the mailing lists and direct customers.
- Help with troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Provide advice on how to use ntop software.
- Assist improving the documentation such as wiki and manuals.
- Develop open-source networking software.
- Assist improving the documentation including wiki and manuals.
- Development of new functionality, products and components.
- Good English writing and communication skills.
- Interested in high-speed networking in general and happy of working in this problem domain.
- Good knowledge of Linux.
- Knowledge of popular network troubleshooting tools such as Wireshark and tcpdump.
Preference will be given to users that:
- Experienced with ntop tools and applications.
- Knowledge of popular open-source network monitoring applications (e.g. Nagios, Bro, Snort and Suricata).
- Linux kernel network programming.
Monthly payments at the end of the month. Salary will vary according to experience. Part of the company revenues will be paid as individual bonus (i.e. ntop also belongs to you).
How to Apply
If you believe you’re the right person, please send a mail to email@example.com and include:
- Explain why you are interested in this position.
- Describe your past experience, and professional goals.
- Your timezone, location and available working hours.
- Salary expectations.