Napatech, the world’s leading supplier of network analysis adapters, and ntop, the renowned traffic monitoring software expert, today announced a collaboration focused on accelerating time to market for high-performance network management and security appliances. The first initiative is a 10 Gbps capture-to-disk solution that will be demonstrated at Mobile World Congress and RSA, February 24-28.
- Capture-to-disk is fast becoming a critical capability for appliances used in network management and security as well as real-time big data analytics, but it requires expertise to implement, especially for high-speed applications.
- Commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) servers offer appliance vendors higher performance analysis equipment with shorter development cycles using fewer resources.
Napatech adapters are the de-facto standard for high-performance appliance development with guaranteed delivery of data for analysis.
- ntop is renowned for accelerating traffic monitoring applications with ntop PF_RING™, a recognized and widely used interface for network analysis application development in both commercial and open-source communities. PF_RING features on-the-fly packet indexing, which speeds up packet display and filtering.
- Napatech analysis adapters and ntop software provide appliance vendors with a reliable platform that accelerates implementation of appliances for monitoring, testing, securing and optimizing networks.
Napatech and ntop will demonstrate their 10 Gbps capture-to-disk solution at:
- Mobile World Congress at booths 6K20 and 6B50 in Barcelona, Feb. 24-27.
- RSA at booth 1932 in San Francisco, Feb. 24-28.