Last month Ivan Pepelnjak interviewed me on Software Gone Wild about ntop and ntopng.
The main topic of the interview were:
- How it all started and why did Luca decide to start the ntop (and PF_RING) project?
- What is ntopng (next-generation ntop) and why did they rewrite the product?
- What are nprobe and nbox?
- The distributed architecture of ntopng, including probes, data sources, collectors, and the central analyzing engine;
- Combining ntop and elastic search;
- Why it makes sense to convert all data into JSON format?
- What are the problems of 40GE packet capture?
- How can you do high-speed DDoS prevention with ntopng?
You can read the whole interview and listen to the podcast . Be prepared as there will be a part II on PF_RING.