In addition to those features already available in ntopng Pro and Enterprise M, ntopng Enterprise L adds enhanced functionalities such as Identity Management support. Identity Management is the ability to correlate network traffic with users (for instance those connecting through a VPN server).
In order to simplify the installation and deployment, ntopng Enterprise L also comes with a Bundle edition, (that should not be confused with ntopng Enterprise L that is just ntopng) that also unlocks (without generation additional licenses):
- ntopng Enterprise L
- n2disk 1 Gbit: n2disk adds Continuous Recording support to ntopng.
- Probe Pro licenses: nProbe Pro adds Flow Collection support.
In essence after you have installed the ntopng Enterprise L Bundle license, you just need to install nProbe and n2disk packages with no further license installation.
- We assume that all licenses have to be installed on the same host. This means that you cannot install nProbe on host X, n2disk on host Y and ntopng on host Z.
- We assume that the ntopng license is installed on /etc/ntopng.license and not on the ntopng web interface as otherwise nProbe and n2disk are unable to read it.
- You need to create only /etc/ntopng.license and no license for nProbe/n2disk.
You can read here what are the differences in terms of features across all the various ntopng editions.
Posted in: Products and Licenses